||The objectives of the NSW Office of Preventive Health (OPH) are to:
- Manage the planning, implementation, support and evaluation of priority state-wide preventive health programs;
- Report on outcomes of NSW priority-funded preventive health programs, including economic analyses;
- Facilitate preventive health research and knowledge translation into policy and practice;
- Support the NSW Local Heath District-based health promotion workforce to deliver key state-wide preventive health programs; and
- Provide high level evidence-based advice to the Ministry of Health on matters relating to delivery of preventive health programs and strategies.
There are four major components of the NSW Office of Preventive Health. They are the Healthy Children Initiative, the Healthy Worker Initiative, the Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service, and Evaluation and Special Projects. The Office evaluation and special projects team works with the other three teams to support new and innovative projects and ensure systems and mechanisms to evaluate programs are in place, and outcomes reported and disseminated.
An external Advisory Committee meets quarterly and provides strategic advice to the Office. This includes representatives from the South West Sydney Local Health District, the Universities of Western Sydney, Sydney and Newcastle, the Ministry of Health and the NSW Health Promotion Leadership Group.
If you would like more information about any of the programs managed by the NSW Office of Preventive Health please get in touch with us on the contact us page and an Office representative will respond to your query.
Level 1, Don Everett Building
West End, Liverpool Hospital
Liverpool, NSW 2170
NSW Office of Preventive Health
Don Everett Building
Locked Bag 7103
LIVERPOOL BC, NSW 1871
Within Australia: (02) 8738 6284
Outside of Australia: 61 2 8738 6284
Within Australia: (02) 8738 6371
Outside of Australia: 61 2 8738 6371
Deaf, hearing-impaired or speech-impaired customers can contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 133 677, then ask for (02) 8738 6284
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 8738 6284
- Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service then ask for (02) 8738 6284
Alternatively, Deaf TTY users can contact us directly on (02) 8738 6284 or 61 2 8738 6284 (outside Australia).