GHS Research and Publication
- Cranney et al., Telephone based coaching for adults at risk of diabetes: impact of Australia’s Get Healthy Service. Society of Behavioural medicine, 2019
- Rissel et al. Piloting a telephone based health coaching program for Pregnant women: A mixed methods study.Maternal and Child Health Journal, 2019.
- Cranney et al., Formative research to promote the Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service (GHS) in the Australian-Chinese community. Australia Journal or Primary Health. 2018
- Fehily et al.,Evaluating the effectiveness of a healthy lifestyle clinician in addressing the chronic disease risk behaviours of community mental health clients: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Biomed Central, 2017.
- Quinn et al., Enhancing the get healthy information and coaching service for Aboriginal adults: evaluation of the process and impact of the program. International Journal for Equity in Health, 2017.
- Clements et al.,Pragmatic cluster randomised trial of a free telephone-based health coaching program to support women in managing weight gain during pregnancy: the Get Healthy in Pregnancy Trial. BMC Health Service Research. 2016.
- Winch et al.,The reach and flow of health information in two Aboriginal communities. Australian Journal of Primary Health, 2016.
- O’Hara BJ, Phongsavan P, Rissel C, Hardy LL, Zander A, Greenaway M, Bauman AE. Role of general practice in the utilisation of the NSW Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service. Australian Journal of Primary Health Research 2014; Jan 24 http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/PY13154.
- O’Hara BJ, Phongsavan P, Banovic D, Bauman AE. The story of the NSW Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service: An effective population health service with public health impact and reach. Ministry of Health and Prevention Research Collaboration: University of Sydney, 2012.
- O’Hara BJ, Phongsavan P, Eakin EG, Develin E, Smith J, Greenaway M, Bauman AE. Effectiveness of Australia’s Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service: maintenance of self-reported anthropometric and behavioural changes after program completion. BMC Public Health 2013 13:175.
- O’Hara BJ, Bauman AE, Phongsavan P. Using mass-media communications to increase population usage of Australia’s Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service. BMC Public Health 2012, 12:762.
- O’Hara BJ, Bauman AE, King L, Phongsavan P. Process evaluation of the advertising campaign for the NSW Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service. Health Promotion Journal of Australia 2011: 22(1).
- O’Hara et al. Characteristics of participant in Australia’s Get Healthy telephone-based lifestyle information and coaching service: reaching disadvantaged communities and those most at need. Health Education Research 2011.
If you would like to discuss anything relating to Evaluation or Publications, please email our team